Saturday, November 3, 2018

Math Lesson

Okay, now this lesson is probably the one I am most proud of for this semester. It took a good bit of planning and a good bit of work to prepare, but oh my gosh it was so worth it. I'll get to the point!! My math lesson was given just a few days before Halloween, so I had to make that connection! I printed, laminated, and cut out like 200 pieces of these pretend pieces of candy. Here take a look!

So that was my kitchen floor after cutting them all out... I also had the children decorate their own little candy bags (a paper sack) to use for my lesson. I can't upload a picture of the bags because they loved them so much, I let them keep them and I do not have a picture without the children in them. I will however show you what the inside of the bags looked like.
I had the children count out 10 pieces of the pretend candy and place it in their bags. You would have thought that it was real candy. I mean they loved it! Because of this I let them keep everything and even brought them a couple of real pieces of candy to go with it. This lesson was so much fun because the children enjoyed it and because of this I am going to be sure to create more lessons like this in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment